Finding a dentist you love is extremely important to your dental health. Yes, the main goal with a dentist is to get exceptional dental care, but when you find a dentist you love, the care—and your participation in it—naturally improves.
When you have a dentist who is qualified and talented, but also takes a true interest in you and your care, your entire experience is better.
A lot of factors go into finding a dentist you’re comfortable with. You want someone who will be able to answer all your questions, address any concerns and offer advice and information to make sure your dental health is as good as it can be between visits as well as during visits.
What to Ask a Potential New Dentist
When you’re trying to find a new dentist, it’s important to consider the obvious, such as insurance acceptance or financing options, a convenient location, and how well their hours fit your schedule. Once you’ve narrowed down the list, it’s time to find the dentist you love.
Some questions you may want to ask:
- Will you educate me on what I should or shouldn’t be doing?
- Do you give options when you make recommendations?
- What do I do in case of a dental emergency, either during or outside of office hours?
- How easy is it to schedule an appointment? How soon can you get me in?
- Can I see the same dentist every visit?
- Can I see the same hygienist every visit?
- Do you take my insurance or health plan? If not, what are my payment options?
- How do you store my medical and dental history?
People who love their dentists appreciate the genuine care shown by the dentist, both in the quality of the work and the proactivity of preventive measures. Dentists who show honesty and care, whether congratulating a patient on their great health or pointing out that a patient should be flossing more, generally inspire their patients to take a more active role in their own dental health, improving their overall care dramatically.
MCDC Dentists Support Their Communities
MCDC dentists are here to support the needs of their communities, dedicating themselves to quality dental care for all. Our staff works to give expert, caring service to everyone, at a price they can afford to pay, and aims to become the dentists you’ll love. Check out our services and then contact the location nearest you to see if we’re a good fit.